At the practice of Dr. Scafuri & Associates, we are commitment to providing patients with excellent care. Whenever you need us, we are there for you seven days a week!
We are currently offering in office appointments for CDL renewals, vaccine administration, medical clearances, physicals and follow-up appointments. Patients who are experiencing COVID symptoms are not permitted to enter the office. They will be treated by a Tele-doc appointment with one of our practitioners.
We know that it’s natural to feel anxious visiting our office in person at this time. However, we are here to reassure you that we are taking precautions to minimize any potential risk of virus transmission.
- All patients are screened by being asked a series of questions regarding COVID-19 by telephone before they are permitted to enter the office.
- “No-touch” registration option via email and telephone are in place.
- Waiting rooms are closed. Patients will wait in their car and will be called for their appointment when an exam room is ready.
- Patients experiencing COVID-related symptoms are not permitted into the office. They will be treated by telemedicine.
- Care staff will wear full PPE (personal protective equipment) and are screened for symptoms of COVID-19 daily.
- Patients are required to wear masks at all times.
- Upon a patients’ arrival at the office, a medical assistant will meet them at the door, take their temperature, provide them with hand sanitizer, and then escort them directly to the exam room.
- Office procedures limit the number of staff members and other patients that those entering the building will interact with.
- Careful cleaning and disinfecting protocols between patients for all equipment that is used are enforced.
- Pre-visit lab testing to make virtual or live visits more productive and cut down on the need for follow-up communication.
- Office visits are limited to the patient whenever possible. Notably, if a companion is necessary, such as for an elderly or special needs patient, they must submit to the same procedure explained above as the patient does.
While your visit to our office may look slightly different, know that we are committed to offering you the same excellent care you’ve come to know and trust from our practice. We thank you for your patience, support and cooperation as we work together to continue our care for your health and well-being, and for the health of our community.
We look forward to seeing you in our office soon!